Carss Park

Carss Park tidal pool under construction. Georges River Libraries Collection.

The Carss Park tidal pool began construction in 1934 and was completed for the Kogarah Council Jubilee Celebrations in March 1936. The works included construction of a substantial stone sea wall along Carss Point and a sharkproof fence to enclose the swimming area. This photograph shows the construction of the first section of the retaining wall in April 1934. Georges River Libraries Collection.

Advertisements